This is the central site for a long-term project to research, examine, and respond to the radical collective of writers, theorists, architects, and visual artists who operated in Paris between 1829 and 1835 under the names of the Jeunes France & the Bouzingo, and through them to build a critical understanding of French Romanticist subculture through the historical lens of a continuing politically vigilant Anglophone avant-garde.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

New Updating Effort in the Works!

Although research has proceeded unbroken over the past several years and much information has been posted on related sites (Revenant Archive, mOnocle-Lash, and the facebook avatar), this page has suffered from a certain amount of neglect in updates, aside from fleeting posts. This is an inevitable consequence of my having far, far, far greater goals than I have time. In the past several months however, I have become aware that more people are actually using the website than I had suspected, and have had the pleasure of interacting with them; as a result, I am making a relatively concerted effort to start updating it and making it generally more useful.
 
There's a lot of work to do, and little time (and I'm juggling 30 projects and a 60-hour workweek), so it will be gradual. I invite contributions from others, and welcome requests to move certain things to the top of my "to-do" list in order to help those of you using the site for your own projects, with the understanding that it may still not be immediate.

So far, I have updated the "Biographies" and "Translations" tabs to reflect what's been produced in relation to the project in the last year or two, and begun a major overhaul/expansion of the "Romanticist Community" section, which will probably be my main focus for the foreseeable future. I would like it to evolve into as complete as possible a database of the French Romanticist community between 1800 and 1850–it will be a looong project. I'm going to begin posting each page in the form of a blog post, which will be linked to from this page. This means there will be a string of Romanticist bios popping up over the coming months.
 
Again, this effort is largely in response to seeing how people are using this information in cool ways I would not have foreseen. Though I am a slow and erratic correspondent due to the volume of my work and email, please feel welcome both to contribute texts & links for the website and to let me know how you use the website and how it can help you. 
 
Cheers, and I hope the new updates indicated above are stimulating!

No comments:

Post a Comment